Did you know that you can save about $80-$320 a year if you make your bread? That’s right! Homemade bread is even healthier than commercial ones! Before I give you the recipes, you should first learn how to pick the right breadmaking machine, after purchase, come back to this page and start baking!
Whole Wheat Bread
Let’s start simple! This recipe will be ready in 4 hours and 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 c. and 2 tbsp. of water
- 1/3 c. of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. of flax seed
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. of yeast
- 3 tbsp. of milk
- 4 c. of whole wheat flour and 1/4 c. of wheat germ
- Put the ingredients in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Create a small hole in the center using a spoon.
- Add the yeast in the hole.
- Choose the whole wheat cycle, select dark crust, and press start.
Garlic and Herb Pizza Crust
This bread will be ready in 2 hours and 5 minutes.
- 1 1/2 tsp. of rapid rise or bread machine yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. of molasses
- 1 c. of white flour
- 1 tbsp. of fresh, finely chopped basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tbsp. of fresh, finely chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 c. & 3 tbsp. of water (warm or room temperature)
- 3/4 c. & 2 tbsp. of whole-wheat flour
- 4 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the water, olive oil, garlic, oregano, molasses, and basil in the pan of your bread machine. Be sure to follow the order instructed by the manufacturer.
- Put the whole-wheat flour and the white flour into the pan.
- Add salt in one corner.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour for the yeast.
- Select the dough cycle and start the machine.
- Take out the dough and divide it into four after the cycle has finished.
- Press, extend, and form each piece into a circle (about seven inches wide).
- Add pizza sauce and your desired toppings.
- Bake them in your 400-degree oven for 12-15 mins. or until the crust has become golden brown.
This recipe produces 8 servings.
- 1 c. of water
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 c. of uncooked oatmeal
- 1/4 c. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp. of active dry yeast
- 3 c. of white bread flour OR 2 c. of whole wheat flour + 1 tbsp. of vital wheat gluten
- Place the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine. Again, follow the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Choose the Basic / White cycle and press start.
- Let the cycle finish, take out the bread, let it cool for a while, slice, and indulge!