Keeping yourself fit and healthy doesn’t mean you have to be active outside every time.
Yes, that’s right.
You CAN be active, even if you’re just at home.
Here are some ways:
- Run up the stairs. Running up the stairs back and forth doesn’t only help you stay active, but also strengthens your heart and lower body muscles – further conditioning it for greater physical tasks.
- Go up and down the couch. And for those who don’t have stairs, you can use your couch instead. Just use one leg at a time – not like you’re just running up the stairs. Go slowly as the couch is leveled higher than a step. Any fast movement will cause you to fall down instead.
- Sweep the floor. Being active is not just limited to doing traditional exercises like push-ups. You can also be active by doing simple, everyday tasks like sweeping the floor to strengthen both your upper and lower body muscles.
- Wash the dishes. Being active is also not just limited to moving your entire body here and there. You can just stand up, wash the dishes, and voila – you’re being active. Always remember, everything we do is a form of exercise – and that includes standing and just washing the dishes.
- Start a new house project. While starting new house projects typically aims for you to unleash your creativity, it’s also one great way to be active for days, weeks, or months. Just remember to choose a house project that you can “actually” work on, even by yourself. If you’re not that confident about your physical conditioning, follow the ways I’ve mentioned above beforehand. You can also start small with your house projects such as painting the walls in your bedroom or replacing the tiles in your bathroom. Either way, it will set your body up for greater house projects such as breaking down walls to add space in your kitchen or making your own wood furniture.
You see, you don’t have to be outside every time just to keep yourself fit and healthy. Always remember, everything we do is a form of exercise – be it sweeping floors, washing dishes, or even carrying the tools you will use (just like the wood routers found on this link) for that new house project of yours from the basement.
So, what are you waiting for? Be active, even if you’re just at home – right now!